No more digging in your purse for your Costco card when entering the warehouse!
The next time you head to Costco for your Frozen Vodka Martini Pops, tub of Cotton Candy Grapes, or just to grab a snack in the Food Court, you’ll have one less card to carry around in your wallet because the Costco app can now serve as your membership card! That’s right – your plastic Costco card is going digital!
You can use your Digital Membership Card at any of the registers in the following areas: Warehouse entry, Check-out (assisted and self check-out lanes), Returns, Pharmacy, Hearing Aid, Photo, Optical and Tire Center.
But don’t throw away your plastic Costco card just yet!
If you use your card to actually pay for purchases, the app is not yet set up to allow you to pay at checkout. You will also still need your card to fuel up as Costco’s gas pumps aren’t currently set to read the Digital Membership Card. Click here for more information.
Follow these steps to set up your Costco Digital Card:
- Download (or update) the Costco app for iTunes or Google Play.
- Launch the app and then tap the Digital Membership Card icon at the bottom of the screen.
- Login to your Costco.com account. Follow the instructions to sign in with an existing account or to create a new account.
- Verify your membership if you haven’t previously done this online. You will be asked to confirm who you are through a series of questions.
- View your Digital Membership Card. After your membership is verified your card will appear.
- Launch the app when you enter the warehouse to begin checkout at the register.